Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howard the Duck heating up LOL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think
aaronchua
hobbyist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetgunderson wrote:
best offer so far is 375 Smile

For what?
Chetgunderson
market noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for that Fear#19 CGC 9.0. That's my book, I'm kinda of testing the market to see how crazy it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271563560132?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I hope it doesn't* reflect poorly on me Hope

Last edited by Chetgunderson on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is dumb, but really I'm just jealous I missed the boat.

I don't think I've ever owned a Howard the Duck appearance.

Just goes to show - Disney will be mining Marvel _deeply_ so probably any 1970-1985 first appearance is fair-game.

That said, there was some major kvetching over on the CGC boards when San Diego came and went without any movie announcements re. Black Panther or The Inhumans. Speculators be pissed...

Fear 19 will be infinitely harder-to-find than Howard the Duck 1, as it was madly hoarded (like, Dazzler 1-style).
carey18
hobbyist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetgunderson wrote:
for that Fear#19 CGC 9.0. That's my book, I'm kinda of testing the market to see how crazy it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271563560132?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Wow just saw what it sold for! Applause
Chetgunderson
market noob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carey18 wrote:
Chetgunderson wrote:

Wow just saw what it sold for! Applause

Insane, I know. Confused
Brother J
market noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of the steam has already been let out of this book from the early hysteria. I threw my copy up last Wednesday when the hype hit, and it was bid up very quickly. The bidding died out three days before the auction ended and there was no late bids at all. Now the bidder has not paid two days after the auction and I am getting the feeling he won't pay, as I see that most of the more recent completed auctions are for much less than my copy closed at. Wish I had done a Buy It Now while the "iron" was hot.

EDIT: Did a little research and now I see the person who "bought" my copy is selling one of his own. Now I'm just waiting around until I can file an unpaid bidder notice against him as he has obviously shilled my auction with no intention of paying, what a waste of time.
Chetgunderson
market noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:
I think a lot of the steam has already been let out of this book from the early hysteria. I threw my copy up last Wednesday when the hype hit, and it was bid up very quickly. The bidding died out three days before the auction ended and there was no late bids at all. Now the bidder has not paid two days after the auction and I am getting the feeling he won't pay, as I see that most of the more recent completed auctions are for much less than my copy closed at. Wish I had done a Buy It Now while the "iron" was hot.

EDIT: Did a little research and now I see the person who "bought" my copy is selling one of his own. Now I'm just waiting around until I can file an unpaid bidder notice against him as he has obviously shilled my auction with no intention of paying, what a waste of time.

That sucks. I also noticed that a day after my 9.0 sold, a 9.2 sold for 250. There's a 9.2 now listed for over $700 with a few watchers, but nothing like I saw. I agree the steam is out. My timing was just right, fluky, but just right.
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A VF just sold in $68 i think this trend is going down

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEAR-19-Manthing-First-Appearance-Howard-The-Duck-High-Grade-VF-GOTG-/191272087405?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=p0Ju1WTalVgH6qq08SqIGWjEz78%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
carey18
hobbyist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:

Sorry to hear that!
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:

Frustrated
Brother J
market noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
Brother J wrote:

Frustrated

It's cool, already have it relisted, it's back up to $51.

Guess I should have paid a little more attention to the eBay Blocked Bidder list on the CGC board, this guy was on there. He also posts over there on the board, in fact, they outed him as a shiller in a previous thread. Rolling Eyes
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:

Sorry to hear that, you should tell us the user name so we can block it
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:
whetteon wrote:
Brother J wrote:

Frustrated

It's cool, already have it relisted, it's back up to $51.

Guess I should have paid a little more attention to the eBay Blocked Bidder list on the CGC board, this guy was on there. He also posts over there on the board, in fact, they outed him as a shiller in a previous thread. Rolling Eyes

Symbiotic i guess...
Brother J
market noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mijael77 wrote:
Brother J wrote:

Sorry to hear that, you should tell us the user name so we can block it

I will, but I'd rather wait until after this case gets closed out and make sure I get my fees back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Movers & Shakers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: