Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howard the Duck heating up LOL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Movers & Shakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chetgunderson
market noob


Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Last Visit: 01 Aug 2019
Posts: 80

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article doesn't add a lot of value, but I saw my sale mentioned so I thought I add the food for thought.

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/1st-app-of-howard-the-duck-595-hot-or-hype/

Definitely Hype IMHO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whetteon
Landlord


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Last Visit: 01 Sep 2021
Posts: 7773
Location: Pittsburg, KS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brother J
market noob


Joined: 13 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 14 Apr 2018
Posts: 244
Location: Douglassville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:
Mijael77 wrote:
Brother J wrote:
I think a lot of the steam has already been let out of this book from the early hysteria. I threw my copy up last Wednesday when the hype hit, and it was bid up very quickly. The bidding died out three days before the auction ended and there was no late bids at all. Now the bidder has not paid two days after the auction and I am getting the feeling he won't pay, as I see that most of the more recent completed auctions are for much less than my copy closed at. Wish I had done a Buy It Now while the "iron" was hot.

EDIT: Did a little research and now I see the person who "bought" my copy is selling one of his own. Now I'm just waiting around until I can file an unpaid bidder notice against him as he has obviously shilled my auction with no intention of paying, what a waste of time.


Sorry to hear that, you should tell us the user name so we can block it


I will, but I'd rather wait until after this case gets closed out and make sure I get my fees back.


eBay handle of the person who screwed me was lachik509

http://www.ebay.com/usr/lachik509?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

Posts on the CGC board as brownchikano, that is also an ebay handle. Has been caught before shilling auctions. Not sure what he got out of shilling up my book and not paying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mijael77
hobbyist


Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Last Visit: 28 Apr 2016
Posts: 874

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Mijael77 wrote:
Brother J wrote:
I think a lot of the steam has already been let out of this book from the early hysteria. I threw my copy up last Wednesday when the hype hit, and it was bid up very quickly. The bidding died out three days before the auction ended and there was no late bids at all. Now the bidder has not paid two days after the auction and I am getting the feeling he won't pay, as I see that most of the more recent completed auctions are for much less than my copy closed at. Wish I had done a Buy It Now while the "iron" was hot.

EDIT: Did a little research and now I see the person who "bought" my copy is selling one of his own. Now I'm just waiting around until I can file an unpaid bidder notice against him as he has obviously shilled my auction with no intention of paying, what a waste of time.


Sorry to hear that, you should tell us the user name so we can block it


I will, but I'd rather wait until after this case gets closed out and make sure I get my fees back.


eBay handle of the person who screwed me was lachik509

http://www.ebay.com/usr/lachik509?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

Posts on the CGC board as brownchikano, that is also an ebay handle. Has been caught before shilling auctions. Not sure what he got out of shilling up my book and not paying.


he contacted me last weekend to buy my shazam 28 ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaronchua
hobbyist


Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Last Visit: 09 Oct 2018
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:
Not sure what he got out of shilling up my book and not paying.


By shilling your book, he will create a false market value which in turn might drive up demand for his own copy. Very common tactics.
_________________
Check out my new comic book investing blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brother J
market noob


Joined: 13 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 14 Apr 2018
Posts: 244
Location: Douglassville, PA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaronchua wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Not sure what he got out of shilling up my book and not paying.


By shilling your book, he will create a false market value which in turn might drive up demand for his own copy. Very common tactics.


Yeah, I figured that, but it's kind of an asshole-ish thing to do. You wait a few days to see if they are going to pay. I even filed as soon as eBay would let me once I figured out what was up. Then you have to wait four days to give them a chance to respond. Plus it sucks because I'm assuming one of my other high bidders would have actually paid. I could have waited to use the second chance offer, but once I saw what the price of this book had dropped down to, I figured it would be a waste of time.

I really wish eBay would give sellers the option to leave negative feedback for non paying bidders. I know why they don't allow negs to buyers on completed auctions (retaliatory feedback), but a non-paying bidder is 100% in the wrong, and there should be consequences to their feedback rating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brother J
market noob


Joined: 13 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 14 Apr 2018
Posts: 244
Location: Douglassville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, had a decent rebound with my copy of Fear #19, relisted and sold for $138.61. Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whetteon
Landlord


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Last Visit: 01 Sep 2021
Posts: 7773
Location: Pittsburg, KS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
carey18
hobbyist


Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 12 Oct 2015
Posts: 517
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother J wrote:
BTW, had a decent rebound with my copy of Fear #19, relisted and sold for $138.61. Applause


Yes, excellent news Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Movers & Shakers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group