Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling collection-Better to sell individually or bulk?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madcircle
market noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Selling collection-Better to sell individually or bulk? Reply with quote

Hello guys,
I am trying to thin out my collection of 9 long boxes. I have great runs of ASM, Xmen (old and new) and Daredevil. Most of my stuff is 70's-current.

Besides keys, whats the thought on selling runs? For instance, should I auction off my Daredevil run #10-300 (missing various issues, not complete) as a whole or pick out certain valuable issues and sell independently.

I saw that Rai-Fan had a "purge" and I would like to do the same.
Thanks!
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I missed this before..

Honestly, I would take out the keys and list those individually and than sell the rest of it in bulk to comic store or comic collector. Keys are king in this current market environment. That may change in 5 years but the fastest way to liquidate is keys first and everything else second in huge lots.

Hope that helps.

Thumbs Up
Madcircle
market noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Whett! I was sure about keys separately, but all the other stuff wasn't sure if I should ebay or sell to comic shop in bulk. I'm gonna take some inventory to my shop and see what I can get for it.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will offer you cents on the dollar and it's not because they are jerks but because that's the only way they can make it work for them and maintain some sort of profitability within the store.

So give it a shot but don't be insulted when they low ball you.

You might also PM sd2416 on these forums because he loves to buy and sell bulk comics... It's his thing these days.
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my "purge" last year, I split it into three batches.

I) The best CGC books -- CGC Batman 5, 7, 10; All American # 19; Showcase 4; X-Men 1 -- sold individually via the CGC boards.

2) The good CGC books -- 83 slabs, ranging from Nedors to Bronze keys to TMNT # 1, with a few SA keys (Strange Tales 110, Avengers 1) -- consigned to Comiclink auctions.

3) The rest -- 36 long boxes of ~13,000 books -- long runs of everything, 1980-present, included keys like ASM 300, Defenders 1, Strange Tales 110, Hulk 340, Marvel Spotlight 5, Ghost Rider 1-81, X-Men 94, ASM 129, and more.

-- advertised via the CGC boards and sold in bulk to a dealer. Got pennies on the dollar, but was able to move the garbage along with the really good stuff.

All three of these netted me about 1/3 of the total price (i.e, the 10 best CGC books, the next 83 slabs at C-link, and the bulk 13k books (raw & slabbed) all sold for about the same price, and I wouldn't have done anything differently.

Just be sure to keep some keys in the long runs, otherwise your key-less runs will drop from as much as $.40 an issue down to $.06 cents an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Hold All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: