Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Silver Surfer 50 is the next comic to pop!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Why Silver Surfer 50 is the next comic to pop! Reply with quote

Silver Surfer #50 might be the LAST prelude to Infinity Gauntlet. What makes this comic a sure pick for me is the number of factors playing right into its hands.

1) It was a top 10 Wizard pick back in the early 90's. Therefore we have some nostalgia associated with it. The "once hot and now not" factor is pretty high on this comic. For a short few months it was all anyone talked about.

2) It was so hot that it had a 2nd printing. Yep, the 1st printing sold out at stores and comic shops.

3) It was the prelude to Infinity Gauntlet and really just a preview of how bad ass the Mad Titan had become. He toyed with Silver Surfer and tossed him aside ALLOWING him to go inform the super-heroes of earth. Literally, the comic ends with a broken Silver Surfer falling to the earth. Infinity Gauntlet picks up with Silver Surfer hitting the ground. How awesome is that?

4) I consider this a key Titan book. Much like Silver Surfer #34,35 and 44, this is the comic that launched Thanos into stardom.

5) Raw copies are cheap at the moment but third party graded signature series prices have already started to rise and that represents a market awakening to me.
vbchris
noob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this comic! This is the book that got me into reading and collecting comics back in the 90s. I used to find it all the time in $1 bins, but not much any more. There's also a 3rd printing of this book.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen the 3rd printing. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thumbs Up
HBeale
noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a 3rd print edition at a convention because I remembered reading this topic. You can't go wrong picking this up for a couple dollars. Even if it never heats up, you still have a great comic in your collection.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HBeale wrote:
I picked up a 3rd print edition at a convention because I remembered reading this topic. You can't go wrong picking this up for a couple dollars. Even if it never heats up, you still have a great comic in your collection.

Well see, this is where I disagree with everyone. I think it's only a matter of time. And for a buck or two, mint condition? Heck yeah!
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANDDdddd, it popped.
Ibis
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given a Silver Surfer collection in the 90's. I don't know what I own.

dp
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Key Comic Books All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: