Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valiant Movies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Valiant Movies Reply with quote

I'm still skeptical, but rumors have begun re. casting of the Sony-produced Valiant movies.

Last week we heard Jared Leto was in talks to play Bloodshot.

Today it's Dave Bautista who may have confirmed he's playing the Eternal Warrior.

Boom!
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still taking a wait and see approach but man o man, if it hits than I'm a rich man. Have the entire pre-unity collection in 9.6 including keys and variants (as do you Rai).

It will be like 1992 all over again! This time I'm going to trade the set for some Silver Age Keys. Razz Laughing
Ibis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt that either of those actors are going to play in a Valiant move. Bautista has a 10 word vocabulary. Leto has a far more lucrative deal playing the Joker.
Rai-fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leto's also confirmed this week that he'll be back as the Joker for Suicide Squad 2.

But I don't think they're mutually exclusive. I mean - how many comic book roles has Ryan Reynolds taken on? Green Lantern, Deadpool, Hannibal King, and R.I.P.D.

And consider that the next film listed on IMDB for Bautista after Blade Runner 2049 (with Jared Leto) and Infinity War is ... Escape Plan 2.

I could totally see a lead Valiant superhero role in his wheelhouse.
Ibis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rai-fan wrote:
Leto's also confirmed this week that he'll be back as the Joker for Suicide Squad 2.

But I don't think they're mutually exclusive. I mean - how many comic book roles has Ryan Reynolds taken on? Green Lantern, Deadpool, Hannibal King, and R.I.P.D.

And consider that the next film listed on IMDB for Bautista after Blade Runner 2049 (with Jared Leto) and Infinity War is ... Escape Plan 2.

I could totally see a lead Valiant superhero role in his wheelhouse.

Most of these actors are now signing deals for multiple movies. I don't think DC started until they saw Marvel's success with crossovers. I think the studios are thinking further in advance now. When Chris Evans switched from being Johnny Storm to Steve Rogers, I think some people in the industry realized that they'd better lock in their actors. I think some actors have turned down movie roles such as that of Dr. Strange because they didn't want to be locked into the same character for a decade.

I was noticing that a lot of the actors and actresses are loyal to specific studios.

I'm just very skeptical that Marvel didn't think in advance when drafting Bautista's contract. Warner Bos./DC may have left some loopholes, but I'm betting Disney/Marvel didn't.
HBeale
noob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
I'm still taking a wait and see approach but man o man, if it hits than I'm a rich man. Have the entire pre-unity collection in 9.6 including keys and variants (as do you Rai).

It will be like 1992 all over again! This time I'm going to trade the set for some Silver Age Keys. Razz Laughing

I have one pre-Unity book in 9.6, and it's probably not considered a key. And my copy of Harbinger #1 has the coupon detached.

I feel like an outsider on this message board. Smile
Ibis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HBeale wrote:
whetteon wrote:

I have one pre-Unity book in 9.6, and it's probably not considered a key. And my copy of Harbinger #1 has the coupon detached.

I feel like an outsider on this message board. Smile

I don't track grades because I am more into having the comics, but I've had a full pre-unity hero set since 1992. I might be missing an Eternal Warrior Gold (Flat), but I was searching for the Valiant Nintendo comics when everyone else was trying to fill in their pre-unity hero sets.

I think there are far better investments. A lot of the pre-unity stuff is being hoarded. The movies are going to be based on the newer stuff. The newer stuff has countless variants. It all leads to confusion. The prospect of movies has been discussed since VEI started publishing.

All we've really seen is stuff like this...

X-O

Archer & Armstrong

Ninjak

It's pretty much standard practice on my message board to use this graphic when posting about their press releases.

whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want my copy of Archer and Armstrong #0 gold to sell out at $2k. Is that to much to ask for? Thumbs Up
Ibis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
I just want my copy of Archer and Armstrong #0 gold to sell out at $2k. Is that to much to ask for? Thumbs Up

No. I'll shut up.

Brother J
market noob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leto as Bloodshot? Don't see it.

But then I always think about him as the guy Edward Norton beat the crap out of in Fight Club.
Ibis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of him as the singer for 30 Seconds to Mars. Laughing
Madcircle
market noob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Catalano...
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Confused
Rai-fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I've seen a shocking number of Leto's movies, but I always picture him as Jordan Catalano.
Ibis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen him play the character. I had to Google the name. Actually, I Binged it since Google doesn't think I'm human and blocks me unless I'm in private browsing mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: