Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hmph...Vista really doesn't suck!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steverino
comic speculator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Hmph...Vista really doesn't suck! Reply with quote

I just re-installed Vista on my computer. My XP crashed (a problem with the user, LOL) and I thought "what a great time to install a larger hard drive!" So I got me a Seagate Barracuda 500 gb HD, installed another gig is RAM, backed up my old HD and Firefox settings to an external, and tried to install XP on the new 500gb Barracuda. Problem was, XP doesn't have the drivers for the new hard drive.

Well, the old XP on my other hard drive was still working, barely, so I found the solution with nlite which incorporates the drivers and all the updates with XP, but the new install crashed pretty quickly (again, probably the user).

Anyways, I just said 'heck with it' and installed Vista which originally came with my computer. Can you say 'plug and play'. I've had a breeze with vista. All my crap works with it and works better than with XP. SP1 was a huge help and the open source community is finally catching up coming out with some pretty cool programs that work great with it.

Anyways, other than the constant babysitter balloons that kept popping up (YES! I want to run this program!!!!) which I turned off rather quickly, Vista is a breeze. I highly recommend it, even moreso than XP.

Hopefully, I won't screw it up too soon. Twisted Evil (Where there's a will, there's a way. Very Happy )

RIP XP.
sd2416
Maintenance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im thinking about giving unbuntu a shot

SD2416 Kudos Thread

Comic Hub's eBay Store
steverino
comic speculator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got for it!

I had ubuntu installed on this computer too. I was thinking about installing it as well (you can install both on the same pc without much problem), but I've got too many things I need to get done and don't really have time to mess with it.

I think one of the reason's I got rid of it were because my Lexmark printer didn't work worth a squat with it. I've since got a hp and it seemed to work great running ubuntu just off of cd.

In fact, that's probably the best way to test it out is just to burn the cd and boot your computer off of it. It works pretty good, you won't have all the features available, but it'll give you a taste of what Ubuntu's about. Thumbs Up
steverino
comic speculator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the heck of it, I decided to install Ubuntu again on my decktop. I had it running smoothly in less than 2 hours, including updates and installing programs. It still froze on shut down, but not on restart. Hmph, go figure.

Anyways, my wife got on it and the mouse behaved differently on Ubuntu than Vista.

Man! Was she unhappy. She plays online games and control of the mouse is a very important feature for a gamer for speedy reflexes. She threw a fit (and damn near threw the mouse into the wall too)! Big Eyes

Well, one deleted partition later, I'm back to solely having Vista on my computer. All in the name of love! Thumbs Up Angel
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steverino wrote:
Just for the heck of it, I decided to install Ubuntu again on my decktop. I had it running smoothly in less than 2 hours, including updates and installing programs. It still froze on shut down, but not on restart. Hmph, go figure.

Anyways, my wife got on it and the mouse behaved differently on Ubuntu than Vista.

Man! Was she unhappy. She plays online games and control of the mouse is a very important feature for a gamer for speedy reflexes. She threw a fit (and damn near threw the mouse into the wall too)! Big Eyes

Well, one deleted partition later, I'm back to solely having Vista on my computer. All in the name of love! Thumbs Up Angel

Tell her you will change it back for some under the sheets loving! Thumbs Up
steverino
comic speculator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
steverino wrote:

Tell her you will change it back for some under the sheets loving! Thumbs Up

Dangit!!!

Too late!!! Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated
azbatx2
market noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Vista. I never had a problem with it. I think Apple is just trying to make people believe it's worthless.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azbatx2 wrote:
I use Vista. I never had a problem with it. I think Apple is just trying to make people believe it's worthless.

When in fact, Apple is worthless. How clever.. Think
azbatx2
market noob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft (or someone from Microsoft) is a majority owner of Apple and are trying to boost Apple sales.
Oratok
noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been using windows since win2000, after i bought a new notebook, it came with vista,this is the worse system i ever used, it, out of the box, it already very slow to startup and shut down, and each click it need 10-20 seconds to response, while all my other device like nokia phone, ipod touch, and macbook works with my home wifi, the vista never works, no matter what i set, the only thing it can online is connect with lan cable.

I personally think that if microsoft or billgate? can’t produce a usable system, please don’t kill win2000 and xp, these are the usable system so far.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free upgrade to windows 10 is awesome. You should just upgrade and love live again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: