Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ibis' Collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - MyComicShop has a CGC 6.5 copy of Tales to Astonish # 14 for sale for $265.

Given that the "F/VF" copy you saw may have only graded out at 6.5 vs. 7.0, it's a far better deal than $750.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rai-fan wrote:
FYI - MyComicShop has a CGC 6.5 copy of Tales to Astonish # 14 for sale for $265.

Given that the "F/VF" copy you saw may have only graded out at 6.5 vs. 7.0, it's a far better deal than $750.

My only attempt to purchase from them was so ineptly handled, that I will never buy anything from them again. They've burned their bridge with me. I used to communicate my dissatisfaction about them whenever I saw anyone praise their service. I wanted people to know there was another side to the way they treat their customers. I conveyed my dissatisfaction so clearly that they wrote me a year after I did business with them, to find out what my gripe was. They listened and yet offered no resolution. Time went by and I continued expressing my point of view. Finally, Conan emailed me and again wanted to know what my gripes were. I politely gave him a very detailed list from beginning to the end of the transaction and made it clear that I was offering constructive criticism so that no one else would experience the same thing I had experienced. Short of them taking a list of about thirty comics, replacing them with the grade I bought, and paying me my overtime rate for the hours I wasted on their website and dealing with their customer service, there is no resolution.

Ironically, you are the second person today to suggest that I purchase from them. A comic reader that I work with has been buying from them. I asked him about various stages in the ordering process and I asked him about the packaging. Apparently, they have implemented many of the suggestions I made to Conan. I'm convinced that they are a better company now than they were a decade ago.

Regardless, I made up my mind that there would be consequences for the way they treated me. Buying from them again would mean that there were no consequences. I forgive them, but the damage was done and it's irreversible.

Some speculate that I must have been rude to them or unreasonable. I was extremely polite, but I did question why the order handling was not adhering to their published policies on their website. My attitude is rather extreme because despite the entire customer service experience being unacceptable, I received 30 comics out of 30 damaged due to inept packaging. The condition of the comics I received is something I don't even want in my home. I will probably throw them in the trash someday if I get upgrades because it still angers me to look at them.

You should be able to tell by my lengthy response that I have a strong opinion about my experience with them.

I don't sit around trying to sabotage their reputation. I just give a snapshot of my experience. I know they have a lot of satisfied customers. That's cool.

If I was going to fill in my collection by purchasing from online retailers, I'd probably buy from Metropolis. For midgrade items, I've been pleased with their prices and the condition of what I get. My only problem with Metropolis is that I have to take a day off work to sign for the package at home. If I'm willing to waive the signature requirement and risk a $400 comic being stolen from my doorstep, I think I should have the right to take that risk. Sitting at home costs me hundreds of dollars, I get behind on my work, plus my day is wasted. I would rather take the risk that it got stolen. I live in a very low crime area.
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that.

I've had good experiences with MyComicShop, Metropolis and even Mile High --- although _every_ time I've ordered from Mile High they fulfilled only 75-80% of my order (and therefore gave me $40 or so in coupons).

My favorite online dealer, however -- both in terms of _strict_ grading, tight packaging, and customer communication is World Wide Comics.

I've bought probably 1/2 a dozen raw books from them that I then slabbed and nearly all exceeded the advertised grades.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rai-fan wrote:
Sorry to hear that.

I've had good experiences with MyComicShop, Metropolis and even Mile High --- although _every_ time I've ordered from Mile High they fulfilled only 75-80% of my order (and therefore gave me $40 or so in coupons).

My favorite online dealer, however -- both in terms of _strict_ grading, tight packaging, and customer communication is World Wide Comics.

I've bought probably 1/2 a dozen raw books from them that I then slabbed and nearly all exceeded the advertised grades.

I rarely buy online anymore. I've seen World Wide Comics online. I'll keep them in mind if I change my mind.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic book show Sunday. Let's see if I buy anything!
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't real pleased with the selection. I was about to walk out empty handed, but went ahead and grabbed these. $80 for both... so $40 a piece. Wasn't pleased with the condition, but settled for the pence copy because higher grades are harder to find on those anyway.

Journey Into Mystery #71 (Pence Version)

Journey Into Mystery #81
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabbed this today...

whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ibis. I have this guy with a question. I don't know the answer but if your interested in reaching out to him let me know. Seems like a question right up your alley!

BILL SANDS,

I am looking for any information about a comic book published by BULLFROG Comics. D.N.A. defensive neutralization arsenal #1
I cant find any info other than a Picture anywhere on the web
thanks
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your assumption isn't necessarily bad. I have a lot of depth in my familiarity with comics off the beaten path. I had never heard of this.

Last edited by Ibis on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this because it was labeled as a Treasury Comic. I classify it as a softcover book. The cover overlaps the interior pages.

It reprints Giant-Size X-Men #1 and X-Men #94 as well as some newer material.. I think it's a nostalgic and nice looking package inside. Unfortunately the character rendition is very inconsistent on the new material and the dialog is horrible and disjointed. It was so bad that I quit reading it after a few pages and just skimmed through the rest.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I've posted these before.

Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of these excite me, but I've added them to my large collection of Treasury Sized comics.

Hip Hop Family Tree #1 (Fantagraphics)

Hip Hop Family Tree #2 (Fantagraphics)

Hip Hop Family Tree #3 (Fantagraphics)

My Little Pony Treasury #nn

X-Men: Grand Design #nn
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Collection Snapshots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
Page 99 of 99

Jump to: