Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High-grade Conan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: High-grade Conan Reply with quote

Howdy folks! Long time.

So...I've started to slowly collect the BWS Conan run (that's # 1-24 plus Annual # 1).

The goal is CGC 9.6.

So far I have 7 of the 25 issues in 9.6.

As you might imagine, the expensive books are # 1, # 23-24, and # 11 (which has only one copy in 9.8 so far, and fewer than a dozen copies in 9.6). I don't yet have any of these.

While I had set an outside goal of buying one book per month (meaning at this rate I'd likely finish the run around December of 2020), I've lately been feeling impatient.

Wondering if I should downgrade my goal to 9.4 (which are, in general 1/2 as expensive), thus saving both time and a _whole_ lot of money.

But then I imagine eventually being disatisfied with mere 9.4s and buying upgrades in the future.

Looking for opinions:

Stick with 9.6 and be patient, spending for quality at a much slower pace?

Or be satisfied with 9.4s -- at least to complete the run, knowing that I could have done better given that the run (with the exception of a few issues in the # 11-18 range) is really common in 9.6. (So it's just a matter of money.)

Side note: I've felt the same way about Daredevil # 1-20. As my favorite Silver Age character I've toyed with trying to get that run in 9.0-9.4 for years.

But I've never started, because

a) they're too common and available. I feel like I could get them at any time; and

b) I'm not sure what grade I'd be satisfied with. If I spring for a 9.0, would I later just wish I bought a 9.4?

Paralysis of analysis...
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always buy the 9.4 now and upgrade them when you find a 9.6. Then sell the 9.4 to cover the difference. Probably what I would do if I was trying to complete this goal.
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Whet!

It's been fun pondering this.

Will keep you all posted on my progress as I aim to slowly finish this cool run in high grade...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: