Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEVA Barcode Scanner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: BEVA Barcode Scanner Reply with quote

My long distance girlfriend was asking me what I wanted for my birthday. My mind went blank. Eventually, I was able to tell her that I'd like a USB barcode scanner. Wireless isn't necessary and I confessed that I would not use it a lot. I just wanted one handy. I use one all day at work because we process paperwork with barcodes on them. Today, I received the suggested gift. It's a BEVA Barcode Scanner. I was relieved that it's only ~$15 online. I've seen them in office supply stores for over $100.

https://www.amazon.com/Barcode-Scanner-BEVA-Automatic-Handheld/dp/B078YNN867

It's definitely "no frills". All you get is the barcode reader and a book of barcodes to customize the settings if you wish the output to be a certain way. It works straight out of the box without installing software. I have a Brother Label Printer that allows me to make barcode labels. Again, I won't use it a lot, but now I can print labels for my comics and assign them a tracking number for quick entry into a database. I can also print labels for strings of frequently typed text to save time in typing.

I do that a lot at work. I may need to enter an email address into a Microsoft Sharepoint site. With a pre-printed label it's entered with one quick scan.

It was perfect. It was cheap, so I don't feel guilty that she bought something I won't use a lot.

The negative online reviews don't actually relate to this. It's not wireless. It has no charger. Someone entered the review for a different product under this item's listing.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My long distance girlfriend"

Are we allowed to have those? Think Very Happy
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
"My long distance girlfriend"

Are we allowed to have those? Think Very Happy

I'm not happy bout it, but homeland security harassed her and she did the right thing by moving back home. I haven't ruled out leaving the country forever to be with her again.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprised

Wow, wow, wow! Revealing information.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
Suprised

Wow, wow, wow! Revealing information.

She's a bit of a prodigy. At age 6 she wanted to move to America. Her dad said he couldn't afford it. She showed him how to restructure his finances so he could. He did and her family moved to Georgia. When she turned 18, the govt. gave her crap here and complicated the process to get American citizenship. Eventually it became such a hassle that she elected to move back home. I met her when she was 18. She asked me out. I was 41 and thought she was much older. With the exception of 1 year when she dumped me over some miscommunication, it's been an active relationship for 13 years. I don't really want anyone else even with the distance between us. I was actually dating a Playboy coed model in that year she had dumped me. I quit dating the Playboy model to see her again. It's been surreal.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a hugh hefner in our midst! Thumbs Up
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
We have a hugh hefner in our midst! Thumbs Up

My friend who graded comics for Southeby's Auction was married to a girl that used to put makeup on Penthouse models. She came back from a trip out west and had a picture of her and Hugh Hefner. I said "How did you get that?" She said Hugh Hefner came up to her at the airport.

One weekend, Joe Linsner was hanging out with them. He did a store signing (which is when I first met Bob Burden who was there also). I got this backing board sketch.

My friends wife was wearing a sexy outfit. A few months later a comic book cover came out and it looked exactly like her wearing a very similar (but perhaps more revealing) outfit.

I used to hang out with them a lot. She thought of me as her long lost missing brother that she'd never met. Her dad taught Jose Feliciano (sp?) how to play guitar.

She was the friend who was going to take me out to California to meet a Hollywood producer to pitch my cartoon idea for a TV show. We had a falling out over that. I care about her as a friend, but she really pissed me off. I quit keeping in touch after that. She's a Scorpio and I'm a Leo. Both admire each other, but the battles are epic when we disagree.

My girlfriend is a Scorpio now and it's the same way. For that reason alone, I've decided she can win any arguments. Very Happy

A Neal Adams sketch of my girlfriend.

Jason Adams saw the picture I wanted the sketch based upon and he talked his dad into doing it. The picture I presented was a cropped down modeling shot she did for a magazine. It looks like her a lot, but it doesn't have characteristic features that she has. My girlfriend looks Indian (the country), not white/Caucasian.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Brother QL-500 label printer.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-QL-500-Manual-Cut-Printing/dp/B0002T470S

It can print labels in a lot of different shapes and sizes. There is no ink cartridge. The software allows to to print barcodes, text, pictures (B&W), and much more. You can print horizontal & vertical. It's just very versatile.

Combined with the bar code reader above, I will be able to label my comics first, then scan them in quickly to a database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: