Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few CGC Comics I recently aquired

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashpool_Phoenix
noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: A few CGC Comics I recently aquired Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new here too so I thought I'd post some comics I have, and have recently aquired.

Silver:

Amazing Spider-Man #21 CGC 9.0
Uncanny X-Men #3 CGC 7.0
The Invincible Iron Man #2 CGC 8.5
Daredevil #14
Agent Of Shield #4 #10

Bronze:

Wolverine Limited Series (1982) #1 #2
Amazing Spider-Man #168

Modern:
Spawn #1 CGC 9.4
Spawn #200 1:50 variant signed by Todd McFarlane CGC 9.8
Spawn #180-200

The Spawn issues and CGCs are my personal items. I took a break from reading comics for a couple of years, and just recently got back into reading/collecting.
vault-keeper
hobbyist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice start of a new collection! Thumbs Up

And welcome to the board! Applause
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

Welcome to the boards!
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Boards!

God help me but I discovered the Spawn 200 variants yesterday, and I was seriously considering some McFarlane and Liefeld signature series variants.

Who would have thunk that basically 20 years after Image's debut, only two of the original seven series would break issue # 100 (Savage Dragon), and only one (so far) break 200, while none of the red-hot Valiant series of the time even made it to issue 75.

Back in 1992 people trumped Rai 3 and 4 as being rare for having sub-25,000 print runs. Meanwhile, this month's issue of the Punisher clocked in a print run of under 19,000.

This is the Punisher, for whom Punisher War Journal # 1 back in 1988 was the highest-printed modern comic on record until Legends of the Dark Knight # 1, and that only broke the record because it had four covers!
Ashpool_Phoenix
noob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my spawn SS issue in the mail from the US today. And the CGC case is cracked, so dissapointed as it was quite expensive.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rai-fan wrote:
Welcome to the Boards!

God help me but I discovered the Spawn 200 variants yesterday, and I was seriously considering some McFarlane and Liefeld signature series variants.

Who would have thunk that basically 20 years after Image's debut, only two of the original seven series would break issue # 100 (Savage Dragon), and only one (so far) break 200, while none of the red-hot Valiant series of the time even made it to issue 75.

Back in 1992 people trumped Rai 3 and 4 as being rare for having sub-25,000 print runs. Meanwhile, this month's issue of the Punisher clocked in a print run of under 19,000.

This is the Punisher, for whom Punisher War Journal # 1 back in 1988 was the highest-printed modern comic on record until Legends of the Dark Knight # 1, and that only broke the record because it had four covers!

Those were the days. Very Happy

But I"m still not sure how much I'd consider a Spawn 200. A Todd McFarlane signature, YES, but a modern day variant... Think
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashpool_Phoenix wrote:
Got my spawn SS issue in the mail from the US today. And the CGC case is cracked, so dissapointed as it was quite expensive.

Contact the seller and either ask for a discount or return it for full price. Don't put up with shoddy merchandise. I know my buyers won't let me get away with anything, nor should they.
Ashpool_Phoenix
noob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
Ashpool_Phoenix wrote:

Contact the seller and either ask for a discount or return it for full price. Don't put up with shoddy merchandise. I know my buyers won't let me get away with anything, nor should they.

I contacted the seller he said he was "really sorry" this occurred and that it got damaged in transit. Looks like I'll have to pay for a re-case. That means me shipping the item back to the States too.

On a different side of things, I intend to start up a CGC selling store in Australia. When it comes to buying CGC comics and re-selling, what is a good starting point supplier wise? I know ebay auctions work, although the prices fluctuate so frequently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Your Comic List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: