Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Key Investments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scout
comic speculator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: 2013 Key Investments Reply with quote

Since Whett was nudging us in another thread to stay on target with investing in SA, BA, or CA keys for the coming year I thought I'd start a thread where we could showcase our dedication to this idea if we so chose.

So, here we go.

This is a bit of a side bet, but since Marvel's going cosmic with their films I thought it might not be too crazy to pick up the 1st Inhumans appearance. And if it never pans out film-wise, I'm still happy with the purchase. I think it's a great book.

This is another one that I'm going long on. And like FF 45, if a film never arrives I still like the book.

whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks god Scout. I love the books and I think that was the kick in the arse I needed to refocus on keys. Just seeing a beautiful group of them together. Let me share mine so we can continue to focus on keys
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both FF 45 and 52. They'll use both eventually on film and each has had successful series in the past.

I'd throw Hero for Hire 1 up there too, as even raw Fine copies have picked up in price lately.
scout
comic speculator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
Oh thanks god Scout. I love the books and I think that was the kick in the arse I needed to refocus on keys. Just seeing a beautiful group of them together. Let me share mine so we can continue to focus on keys

Audience
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, okay. In the spirit of refocusing, here are some of the books I have bought in the past that were life time goals. And not to be too sappy here but a lot of these books were purchases with the knowledge and understanding that this forum gave me. Everyone here has help tremendously with my understanding of this hobby and without the constant feedback of the lyria mobsters I'm not sure I'd be this far along. Very Happy

So this year I'm going to refocus on getting a copy of Strange Tales 110 in 4.0 or higher and get a couple of my other Silver Age Keys graded by CGC. Plus, if God is willing, get an Albedo 2 cgc 9.0 or higher and a Journey into Mystery 83 CGC 1.5 or lower. Hope
gowaltrip
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprised

Nuff said!
scout
comic speculator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Very good. Now we just need to stay on target and keep this thread busy during the coming year. Thumbs Up
pfmicks
noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Avengers 1 4.5! Seems like every copy I come across has insane CB sprine stress marks.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfmicks wrote:
Beautiful Avengers 1 4.5! Seems like every copy I come across has insane CB sprine stress marks.

Thanks for bumping this thread. It reminds me to stick with the basics. I'm thinking Hawkman #4, Brave and Bold #54 & 60 and more DC silver age keys. As soon as I can find ones that interest me. Laughing That Albedo #2 is still elusive however. Mad
ferdelance
hobbyist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A great many Amazing Spider-Man #360's in NM just disappeared off eBay and no, I'm not even joking.

I may have bought a few of those comics Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Collection Snapshots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: