Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What it means to be a Lyria Mobster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: What it means to be a Lyria Mobster Reply with quote

I wanted to thank a good number of the posters here for making this forum interesting and something I look forward to week after week. Some of you continue to surprise me with just excellent post and I fell like I have learned just as much from you if not more than you might have learned from this website.

All this to say that I think we should produce something or do something that is a way of saying "Thanks" to the members here. Something we can do as a team. This way we know that Lyria Mobsters are just a little more special than the common board lurker.

Could we product a hat or t-shirt at an affordable price? Maybe magnets or some sort of ridiculously cool book ect?
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can go about this the Valiant forum way and buy a stack of cheap comics we think will hit big, have the creators sign them, stamp them and send them out to everyone. We could buy 50 copies of New Warriors #1 or something.

Another idea, we could buy blank cover comics and have a particular artist draw Lyria "Mobsters" on them. Think
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post #1: Confused

Post #2:
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Lyria exclusive variant cover by Campbell ?
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds expensive but I like the idea. How much does it cost to do variants? We should ask midtown comics.

Think
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
That sounds expensive but I like the idea. How much does it cost to do variants? We should ask midtown comics.

Think

2,000 copies between us , we can sell them online and make a fortune
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic Book Realm has done variants. I hate variants so much that I don't like the idea of encouraging it. I also think it's bad advertising for an investment site to promote a variant that can end up being worthless.

Whatever artist you get to do the cover, that artist will be associated with your brand. I think back to the sketchbook advice I got. If a Neal Adams sketch is on page 1, you'll have no problems getting "A" caliber artists for the subsequent pages. If some no name artist is on page 1, the "A" caliber artists won't be interested in participating. If you do a variant, my advice is don't think small. I respect Campbell's work, but he's about the lowest end of the talent I'd want to see.
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybee Campbell is not the best but he sells . Another option could be Milo Manara , he is great and he sells .
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mijael77 wrote:
Maybee Campbell is not the best but he sells . Another option could be Milo Manara , he is great and he sells .

That would be awesome. I know that even his small storyboard panels go for at least $1,000.
Mijael77
hobbyist

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should really ask , we dont loose anything.. think about this : Decomixado; a tiny little Mexican comic store released a Superior S ,Black Cat Campbell Variant, 5,000 copies for a convention that Campbell wasn´t even present . They where selling it at $130 pesos , thats a little less than $10 usd.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think
define999
hobbyist

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think shirts or hats would be cool.... id be down to design a mobster type image with comic books somehow incorporated? Think

View my massive comic related links page here...
http://comicbookcollection.webs.com/apps/links/
define999
hobbyist

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim is gonna get mad at me because I should be working on issue 4 of FCC. But, I threw this together real quick using stock vectors and free textures.... We will need a little money to buy the stock stuff we need but we dont need to go crazy designing from scratch. I think something like this with a mobster theme and comic book mashup would be cool Whett.

Let me know if you are interested? Id love to design something we could use on shirts....

Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know if an investment oriented site should really promote itself as a "mob". Laughing
An organized crime image just doesn't sound good when dealing with high dollar collectibles.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibis wrote:
I don't really know if an investment oriented site should really promote itself as a "mob". Laughing
An organized crime image just doesn't sound good when dealing with high dollar collectibles.

Meh, the named sticked and it's fun. I hope no one takes is seriously. We're all pretty small potatoes here.

We could go with Lyria Rainbows (because we find our pot of gold in comics) Laughing! Or how about the Lyria Hathaway, Securities and Exchange Associates. That makes us sound fancy and extremely rich. *BEST British voice* "Where's my monocle and top hat my good man? *gruff noises* "Put another Amazing Spider-Man #1 on the fire!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: