Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accidental find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Accidental find Reply with quote

So I went home to Philly this week.

The remains of my childhood comic book collection (~13 long boxes) is in my old bedroom and consists mainly of my beloved Valiant/Acclaim near set (missing just 14 books now from a complete VH1 set, including all variants), oh -- and 4 boxes of Batman comics.

I looked through a few of the boxes in search of Punisher # 102, part of the "Suicide Run" storyline that finished off the original Punisher and Punisher War Journal titles.

# 102 -- which I'd bought off the shelf 20+ years ago, is now a $60 book due to the Bullseye cover and rumor that the storyline will be adapted for the next season of the Netflix show.

...I didn't find it.

However, I did find a few books that I had no memory of buying. Including:

- Vengeance of Bane # 1

- 2 extra copies of Harbinger # 1 (Brings me to 4 in Philly from the 1990s, plus 4 more in DC that I bought right before the "movie" announcement).

- Archer & Armstrong # 0 gold (I was so certain I didn't own this one that I almost paid $75 for a copy last month)

- Batman Adventures # 12 (huh?)

So...I was buying Poison Ivy appearances in the 90s. But I remember the Harley & Ivy story in Batman Adventures # 23, which I read to death. Was always disappointed that I missed # 12 after it blew up.

At the tail end of high school, Mad Love was considered Harley Quinn's first appearance since it was her first in DC continuity -- her first cartoon comic appearance only gained steam later.

So...somehow I managed to pick up a Batman Adventures 12 -- if not off the shelf, than for ~$4 or less.

It's not pristine -- probably a strick 8.0 due to spine stress, but most of it's non-color-breaking and thus, it might be pressable to a CGC 9.0 or 9.2.

I never did find the Punisher # 102.

But finding a Batman Adventures # 12 and Archer & Armstrong 0 gold more than makes up for it.

While I never did pull the trigger on New Teen Titans # 2 back in the '90s, apparently my instincts in other areas were solid.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool. It's always fun finding things you didn't know you had.
Madcircle
market noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!! That's fun. I always fantasize about all the comics we had as kids in the 70's that we just tossed around. Super Hero, Horror, Archie...we had 100's...
Have fun with the BA #12 Rai, its a keeper!
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madcircle wrote:
Nice!! That's fun. I always fantasize about all the comics we had as kids in the 70's that we just tossed around. Super Hero, Horror, Archie...we had 100's...
Have fun with the BA #12 Rai, its a keeper!

I still have them. LOL!
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I found was a butt load of Mad Magazines. Crying or Very Sad
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
All I found was a butt load of Mad Magazines. Crying or Very Sad

I read Mad growing up, but that was my mom's subscription. I never thought of them as being the same as comics. That baffles me today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Market Snapshot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: