Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STL Comics is gone.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: STL Comics is gone. Reply with quote

The website responsible for a ton of variant information is gone. I'm not sure when or if it will ever come back and sd2416 suggested we extend an olive branch and resources to STL Comics to see if they would love to post some of that information here. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

In the meantime, if you have any information on these types of list, please post them here in this forum. We have lost a great deal of hard work and I'm hoping the mobsters here can fill in a tiny, tiny hole left open by STL's disappearance.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Metarog an email and pointed him to this thread. He was one of the last regular posters contributing great information when I dropped out.

It was indeed a great board to find raw obscure information about comics.

Have you considered setting up image galleries for your site so people can upload related scans? or is the space it consumes cost prohibitive?
Metarog
noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all and thanks for the invite David.

I am trying to find out what happened at STL as I got no notice of the shutdown. One of the mods there is also in the dark but is trying to contact the site admin.

There were countless hours of research, scanning, and writing that were put in on the variant galleries so I hope those can be recovered.

Anyway, good to be here and I will be around in the near future.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metarog wrote:

I am trying to find out what happened at STL as I got no notice of the shutdown. One of the mods there is also in the dark but is trying to contact the site admin.

There were countless hours of research, scanning, and writing that were put in on the variant galleries so I hope those can be recovered.

Hope Let us know if you need any help with anything. And welcome to the boards.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibis wrote:
I sent Metarog an email and pointed him to this thread. He was one of the last regular posters contributing great information when I dropped out.

Have you considered setting up image galleries for your site so people can upload related scans? or is the space it consumes cost prohibitive?

I have not. But I don't think space is prohibiting me at this time. And when it does become an issue I'll get ask for more space from my host. It's a good problem to have in my opinion. I might need your expertise on what needs to get done to set everything up correctly though Ibis. We will wait on word on what is happening from Metarog and act accordingly.
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whetteon wrote:
Ibis wrote:

I have not. But I don't think space is prohibiting me at this time. And when it does become an issue I'll get ask for more space from my host. It's a good problem to have in my opinion. I might need your expertise on what needs to get done to set everything up correctly though Ibis. We will wait on word on what is happening from Metarog and act accordingly.

I haven't done a gallery, but STL had one and I uploaded to it. I'm not sure what James at STL did to set it up. Metarog might know.
Metarog
noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was more tech savvy and give you some insight in the IG but I really just used the software... James did all the setting up and coding. I know that the site was set up so it would create thumbnails automatically and you could create categories and subcategories easily . It also had a comments area for each pic and stats as well such as views, downloads, etc.

If I ever get ahold of James I am sure he will get me specific on the software.

I do have the articles I was a part of saved so those could be recreated easily with proper permission and so forth.

Needless to say I would love to be an active participant in any variant or similar image gallery.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be some sort of blogging software. Think
Ibis
comic broker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked up the gallery on the internet archive.
James was using the gallery software supplied by this company..

http://www.4homepages.de/
sd2416
Maintenance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metarog wrote:

Hope Thumbs Up Applause Very Happy

SD2416 Kudos Thread

Comic Hub's eBay Store
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Your Comic List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: