Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mostly complete list of Marvel Copper 2nd & 3rd Prints

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metarog
noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Mostly complete list of Marvel Copper 2nd & 3rd Prints Reply with quote

There are several threads and lists all over the Net about these and for those trying to complete this set I figured it would be a good idea to make a more definitive list for reference.

Now this is not every Marvel 2nd and 3rd print from this time frame and there are a couple of reasons why which I will attempt to explain. I am not including the following:

1. Promotional or pack in comics such as Legends reprints or the anti-drug and smoking issues.

2. Alternate distribution comics such as the Marvel MVP reprints or the X-Men Pressman issues.

3. Comics that were issued in bagged sets like Secret Wars, GI Joe and Transformers.

4. Star comics reprints (mostly because I just don't know enough about them).

5. Alternate formats such as Prestige, TPBs, etc.

Most of the missing reprints I will be addressing in future threads so a complete all format list can be compiled at some point. The others I excluded because they did not seem to to FIT which is to say they had characteristics that differed from most of the 2nd and 3rd prints listed.

I compiled this list based on my own want list from years ago and by going through this year's Overstreet. If you see an * beside the issue this means that I have never seen one and it probably does not exist. The 3rd after and issue means there is a 3rd print of that issue. I could not find any 4th prints.

I started the list in the late 80's when several 2nd prints started showing up and I included the Nam 1 even though it is mid-eighties because it was the only one in that era. I stopped at around 1993 because after that there were a ton of issues getting 2nd prints and it seemed like a new era had started. Hulk 377 3rd could be seen as a transition book and may or may not be included but it was close so I put it in.

If you see any errors or can prove a missing issue exists then please post here and I will edit the list. Let's try to make this as accurate and complete as possible.

Onto the list...

Alpha Flight 106
ASM 101,265,361,362
Cap 282
DD 319
Deathlok Special 1*
Death's Head II 1,2
Doom 2099 1*
FF 347,348,371
Ghost Rider 1,5,15
Hulk 377 & 3rd,393,400
Nam 1,52,53
New Mutants 87,95,100 and 3rd
New Warriors 1
Punisher 2099 1*
Ren & Simpy Show 1 and 3rd
Ravage 2099 1*
Silver Surfer 50 and 3rd
Spec Spider-Man 189
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2099 1*
Stryfe's Strike File 1
Web Of Spider-Man 90
Wolverine 41,42
X-Factor 60,71,92
X-Force 1
X-Men 248,268,270,275,281,282

Overall there are almost 50 confirmed 2nd and 3rd prints
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause

Most excellent. Now onto collecting these comics. Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Your Comic List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: