Forum Index
Home | Facebook | Twitter | Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liquidation of your Investment - The last hurdle.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Liquidation of your Investment - The last hurdle. Reply with quote

The last hurdle we need to bridge if we want our hobby to be truly an investment type industry is the speed at which you can liquidate your stash of comics.

We've come far from the days of garage sells and newspaper listings. However, we still rely mostly on eBay and other auction websites to help us sell our comics. This can take days or weeks and if you have more than one comic to sell it can quickly become an overwhelming and consuming task. This is why many friends have asked me to help them sell valuable comics. Not only are they not experienced enough to know the lingo, but the time spent scanning and listings is enormous amount of time taken from their already crowded weekly chores.

What if there was a place to hold these comics? A trusted intuition, like the stock market, where buyers and sellers can switch ownership in an instant?

This would require our comics be sent to a trusted third party source. Many fans and collectors would say they are not okay with this. What is the point? Don't we like to hold the physical comic in our hands? As growing trends and personal stories indicate, ownership is what many consider to be more important. Currently we store our comics in boxes tucked away safely somewhere in our house. When or if we decide to sell it, we have to go, find it's location and dig it out. How many times have you heard your friend say he has that comic somewhere.. they don't really know because that haven't investigated its location in years.

Other perks this third party business could offer is comic insurance from the elements, scans or pictures of our books and a speedy mailing option in case we miss our comics and need to hold them in our hand.

What do you think? Are we ready to find means to liquidate our collection at lightning speed? I believe that I am.
define999
hobbyist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting idea... similar to what some gold companies are doing I think....

View my massive comic related links page here...
http://comicbookcollection.webs.com/apps/links/
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt! I missed talking to you buddy! Hi
Rai-fan
Man of Comic Investing Awesomeness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What your describing sounds a lot like Comiclink to me.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but my understanding is buyers actually send the books in to Comiclink when they are listed on the Exchange.

So when buy (or bid) order or placed, and the seller accepts (via email) then Comiclink themselves ships the books out directly to the buyer, not the seller.

I'd have to check and admit I could be wrong.

But if I'm wrong, then problem solved -- the books stay with the seller the whole time and Comiclink just acts as a bulletin board to list the books for sale.

Either way, I'd say the easiest part of liquidating my collection was dropping off 81 high-value ($100 or more) CGC slabs at Comiclink's booth at WizardWorld Philly.

Took them an hour to inventory all the books & give me a receipt.

They sold at auction over the next three months and checks arrived in my mailbox.
whetteon
Landlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the values that you were expecting Rai?

My biggest worry at ComicLink is that they would lump my comics in an auction with other, more higher priced and better graded comics that would clearly out shine mine. Thus my "check" would be a pittance of what I could do myself given time and research. I just want the leisure of selling them when I want and using ComicLink as a storage facility until such time.

Of course you might be talking about their regular website. A place where you go and just browser through the listings looking for something you like and throwing offers to the owner when something grabs your fancy. Think

I guess we can just ask ComicLink themselves. Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: